Monday, June 13, 2016

Zoo Time!

Last month I took the kids to the San Diego Zoo for a few hours in the morning to kill time before we headed to a friend's birthday party. I always love going to the zoo right when it opens because it's not as crowded, it's not too hot, and the animals are more lively and eating their breakfast. We stayed for about 3hrs and saw pretty much everything there and had such a good time. The tigers were out which rarely happens when I go, the Lions were out and up close which doesn't happen, and the polar bear was swimming and playing with his ball in the water which again....DOESN'T HAPPEN. I felt like it was a good day to go to the zoo and a good time because we got to experience the animals in a way we never get to when we go other times and it was nice to spend quality time with my kids without the chaos of everyone else. Caleb is so smart when it comes to animals that he was teaching me stuff about everything we saw and took pleasure in reading the information displayed for each animal and exhibit. We wanted to stay longer just to read everything that was there but it was time to go and I promised them I would take them to the Wild Animal Park next time. To my surprise neither of them threw a fit and it turned out to be one of the best times we had at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment